Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Bitchy That Way

Hello, my name is Mel, and I am a bitch. Yup. That's right. I am. The sad thing is, I really don't think that's true. I am friendly and outgoing. I like to meet new people and make new friends. But because I am up front and honest and don't feel the need to "kiss ass" to everyone, I am perceived that way. I guess I am a little selfish/self-centered at times. But who isn't? I know in high school I was either very well liked or very much hated. I was the same way back then, I guess. I always gave people the benefit of the doubt, but if you pissed me off, then forget it. Out come the horns.

Anywhoo, I kind of thought that I had grown out of it a little, but decided maybe I hadn't after a breakfast brunch I attended this weekend. It was a handful of my usual friends. I haven't hung out with them in a while so I was happy to see everyone. My friend whose birthday we were celebrating had also invited two other girls that she was close to in high school, but that I wasn't really friends with. In fact, one of them I disliked. A lot.

It just so happened that I was the last to arrive (I suffer from CLS - Chronically Late Syndrome). The only empty seat was at the opposite end of the B-day girl and her two friends (and next to my best friend). Now I haven't seen the other two girls in over ten years. And to be honest, I didn't care. I really wasn't interested in what was going on in their lives or what had happened in the past ten years. And the one girl that I didn't like in the first place? Yeah, the dislike was pretty much still there.

So the other girl (who I was actually friends with for a brief time in HS) wandered down to our end of the table to chat. She starts asking Weenie and I all kinds of questions about where we live, marital status, jobs, etc. I realize that we are giving her one-word answers and not really having a conversation. Not only that, but we didn't ask her anything about herself! Later, in the car, I ask Weenie if she realized the same thing.
She said "Oh yeah. Huh. I didn't even think about that. Hee hee."
I said "The weird thing is, I didn't mean to be rude. I just didn't really care."
"Hmmm...me neither."
I guess we are both just bitchy that way. I know we are going to go to the reunion this weekend and people will say "hey look, those bitches haven't changed!" Oh well, I'll be drunk, so who cares!

Also, remember Totally 80's? Well her last day here is on Friday. YAY! So they are putting together a "Memory Book" for her and have invited everyone to come and sign it. They have also been taking pictures of random people around the hotel. Well Totally 80's totally covets my color printer. So they took my picture next to it. Ooookay...so here is the moral dilemna: Do I suck it up and sign the damn memory book with something lame and fake (Have a great summer! K.I.T. 2 good + 2 be = 4 gotten)? Or do I stick to my guns and just not sign it. To be honest, I think I would have a hard time writing in the book and not saying "Good Riddance!!" Ugh! Maybe I should just stay away. I guess I'm just bitchy that way...

4 Comments:

Blogger grace said...

stick to your guns. don't sign it... i wouldn't. :P

or if i did, it would just be my name. and that's it. no cutesy insincere message.

if being fake makes me a nice person, then effe it. i don't want to be nice. i'm sick of fake ass people.

3:14 PM  
Blogger MomMega: mothersmilkblog.com said...

Amen, sister...I really don't think I could control myself. Besides, she hates my right back, so who cares. I will do a little jig when she leaves!

3:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hee. Moded. I'm gonna do that just so I can use that word.

10:13 PM  
Blogger cat said...

The first part of that post sounded like a personal ad. Hee.

When you sign the memory book just do the classic "have a nice summer!" with your name. You know that classic yearbook autograph that most boys did in highschool... or was that just a Canadian thing? :)

5:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home