Monday, November 15, 2004

FINALLY!

My reunion was in September and my lazy ass finally got the first part of the pictures in. Geesh! I lag! Anyway, I posted some for you all to see (by the way, these are the pre-party pics in my room and we were feeling no pain!). Here's a little background:

Al "Alkyson" (the blonde with big boobs): We have been friends since Sixth grade. She stole my boyfriend. We were at a pool party and she could do the "Cabbage Patch" really well. I couldn't. Naturally I was dumped! How could I blame Steve? Why date a flat brunette who can't do the "CP" when you can date a big boobed blonde who can!?? I would've dumped myself to date her, too! Hee! Anyway, Al is awesome. Her and I are like the "girl with the curl" when we are together: when we are good, we are very good and when we are bad, we are horrid. We get in sooooo much trouble together (actually, when Weenie is involved, it is even worse). Al has recently moved to a different area. Of course I am sad, but I don't worry. I could go for several weeks without talking to her, but the minute we are together or on the phone it is just like old times. Oh! And she is married to one of the funniest guys I have ever known. Her husband, Jeff, once farted at a party and made people leave! Needless to say, I was in the fetal position on the floor when that happened. Anyway, I love Al. She rocks and I know we will always be friends.

Christine "Weenie" (the cute Korean with the tiny waist): Her and I have been friends since Seventh grade. She is so much more than a best friend. She is a sister. Her and I have a weird, crazy connection. We will go shopping on our own and end up with the same clothes. And we always show up places wearing the same outfit. Once, we were going to Vegas. I had on these cute black and whited checkered capris with a black tank top. We are on the way to the airport and running totally late. We swing by Weenie's house to pick her up and start honking. She comes running out and she is wearing the exact same outfit. Exact. Unfortunately we were so late that there was no time for either of us to change...that was a teensy bit embarassing! Anyway, we can finish each other's sentences and often say the same thing at the same time. I love how she can pig out with me, watch silly girly movies with me and be cranky with me. When we are cranky, we don't take it personally. I can tell her exactly how I feel and she can do the same. We have had our share of drama, but when it comes down to it, we still love each other. And when we are old and widowed, we are going to live in Vegas, drinking, smoking and gambling until we die. How perfect is that!??!

Enjoy the pics!

14 Comments:

Blogger Yankeebob said...

Great pics Mel. The three of you together would cause quite the ruckus with the male population, I can see.

It's so cool having friends like that. The kind where, even if you haven't been in touch for a while, you never miss a beat. Just pick up where you left off the last time you were together like no time had passed. I have a few friends like that.

Love the idea about retiring in Vegas. Too fun. And I love the bubble bath pic too. That looks like a great time. ;)

5:01 AM  
Blogger cat said...

I can tell you that my boyfriend certainly liked the pictures. He wants to know when we're going to California now. Heh.

You all look so spiffy! You doll up well, doll!

(and I have to say that I love your new profile pic. Where did you get all those heavenly bubbles?? I am so jealous!!)

5:05 AM  
Blogger peachy said...

Are all three of you wearing the same dress?
Great pictures Mel. Reunions are so much fun when you enjoy the people you're going with.

6:09 AM  
Blogger grace said...

awwwww!!!! i just heart those pics!

you guys are like charlie's angels and shit :P

and if anyone wants to know, mel's even hotter in person!!!!! :D

7:47 AM  
Blogger Yankeebob said...

You're right Grace, they do look like Charlie's Angels. How cool.

Mel's hotter in person? Hmm... that's saying something. She looks really good in the pics.

8:23 AM  
Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

Mel's hotter in my dreams too...

10:06 AM  
Blogger grace said...

it's funny you should say that, CL. i had this dream about her last night that was SMOKIN'! hehehe. j/k. there was no dream of mel. but i wish i did have a dream of mel. i had another effed up dream last night!

10:12 AM  
Blogger Kis Lee said...

great pictures! yep, mel is smokin' hot.

10:40 AM  
Blogger Oddgirl said...

No offense to Al, but Steve obviously didn't know that the running man was so much cooler than the cabbage patch. Now check you out, I think you can accompish the pony dance. What man wouldn't love that?

Seriously though, you guys look great. (((Nina thinks to herself, "Are there any redeeming Nina pictures I can post?"))) I would kill for friends like that. I'm glad you have them in your life. Were you glad that you went to the reunion? Spill it...

11:15 AM  
Blogger cat said...

Oh, yeah I forgot to ask .. what the heck is "cabbage patch"??

And I was also going to ask if you were all wearing the same dress, heh. You do look very Charlie's Angels. Good call!

12:20 PM  
Blogger SJ said...

...and with her new profile pic, Mel finally admits to being the Elton John of the Blogging community...

12:55 PM  
Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

Oh Ian, I don't think I have ever laughed so hard in my life.

3:14 PM  
Blogger grace said...

IAN!!! muwahahaha. that's awesome...

7:19 PM  
Blogger MomMega: mothersmilkblog.com said...

IAN!! You are sooo funny! I can't stop laughing!! In the words of "JB", you are a total nutter! HA!

No, we weren't wearing the same dress, but it totally looks like that, huh?

Ummm...the reunion was interesting. I was buzzed when I got there, picked at my food, had more drinks and smoked a thousand cigarettes in about two hours. Then I left. And I think I talked to everyone I wanted to talk to in the first 30 minutes, then basically hung out with my friends. Pretty much a waste of my $80.

And for the record, the bubble picture is actually part of what was a total disaster! What you can't see is that I am in a very large jacuzzi tub in a very large bathroom. And the bubbles are about mid-calf height all over the floor. Hmmm...I am going to add bubbles to the jacuzzi tub. It looks very big so I will squeeze the entire tube into the tub. Yeah, didn't think about the jets causing the bubbles to multiply ten-thousand-fold! Ooops!

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home