Monday, November 15, 2004

Xmas Comes Early to the LBC...

...and it comes in the form of Grace and Steve and Mike and Nina.

So it's a Sunday night (which for Mel is more like a Saturday night) and I am eating chinese food, watching TV and decide to check my email and see if anyone has posted anything new.

Hmmm...there's an email from Grace. Very cool. HOLY FUCK! Nina and Mike are here and they are going to the LBC, would I like to meet them for a drink? WOULD I!?!? WOULD I!?!? Does Paris Hilton take it in the pooper? Did Jennifer Garner used to be a man? Hell Mother-Fuckin' YEAH! Hee!

Before I can even think, I am trying to reach Grace on her cell. My mind is racing: will they like me? Will I irritate them? Are they just inviting me to laugh at me and criticize my writing? Will I show up only to sit alone and have them giggle at me from a hidden booth? GAH! Too much pressure!!

Can I just say that everyone is about 10,000 times more fun in person! Really! It was a little awkward at first because obviously I "know" these people, but I don't know them. It is a very strange concept. I know intimate details of these people's lives. I have come to know their personalities and I like them, I really like them. But until now, they have just been names and pictures on the computer. You mean there are actual people out there? Strange.

The awkwardness lasted about 2.5 seconds! I was greeted with hugs and lots of silliness. It was awesome! Everyone was so nice and so fun and I felt like we had all been friends for a long time. The cool thing was, since we all know so much about each other, there were no strange lulls in the conversation. It was just crazy! My mind is still reeling.

Anyway, this is the first time that I have actually met my online friends in person. And I thought it rocked. Grace, Steve, Mike and Nina are such cool people. At my age, it is so rare to make new friendships. People are just so set in their ways and don't branch out much. It is so nice to meet smart, funny people that that you actually enjoy.

Blogger: Bringing People Together. Who knew?

6 Comments:

Blogger Yankeebob said...

It's so cool that you guy's can get together like that! I read Mike's blog where he opened it up during the Halo party. Hilarious! Makes me wish I was out that way more.

4:35 AM  
Blogger peachy said...

That rules, Mel.
I meet a lot of people on the internet, so I can understand the 2.5 second nervousness. It's great once you actually meet because it seems you have more catching up to do, and it's a lot faster saying it than typing it. Glad you had fun.

8:31 AM  
Blogger Quyen said...

Invite me next time! :D I'll do all your budgets over cocktails hehehe

9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

me, too! i want to be invited next time. :)

10:04 AM  
Blogger cat said...

Ooh! I'm so jealous! I'm glad you all had wicked fun, though. You seemed so down, you deserved it.

Blogger appears to only bring me loonies who think it's cool to insult and offend and post racist comments on my blog. What the hell is up with that?? What did I do that was all that politically offensive? Geesh.

You guys I love, though. :)

10:12 AM  
Blogger MomMega: mothersmilkblog.com said...

We are totally gonna plan a Vegas party! Could you imagine!!?? Yikes! Anyway, now that the seal has been broken, I think it is great to meet my online friends (weirdos and pervys need not apply).

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home