Saturday, November 13, 2004

I Used To Be A Tool

Kinda. Hee. Actually, CL was talking about Billie Joe and she made me remember something kinda funny.

I used to be a little punk-rock girl. I spent every weekend at punk shows with my friends. I saw everyone back then. It was before alot of bands that are mainstream now, were not so much. It was great! I could see Green Day, Bad Religion and at least one or two other groups for about $20. Anyway, I loved Green Day (this was even before Dookie came out...back in the good 'ole days) and I went to every show that I could.

Before a show one day, I found myself in Virgin Records browsing the CD's. When who should be standing in the same aisle as me but none other than Billie Joe. Holy crap! And he was walking towards me.

So my little teenage self was freaking out. I tried to play it cool and seem like I had no idea who he was. He starts looking at CD's right next to me. Then, he actually asked my opinion on something! And I helped him find what he was looking for (come to think of it, maybe he thought I worked there...let's choose not to think that).

I was feeling pretty good about myself, and before I knew what I was saying, I burst out with "Billie Joe, will you go to the prom with me?"

Hee. He gave me this really weird look and he said he didn't think his girlfriend would approve and walked away.

Way to go, Mel. Way to play it cool. Remind him that you are a dumb teenager that doesn't have a date for prom.

So yes, I used to be a tool. And I asked Billie Joe Armstrong to go to the prom with me. Let the ridicule begin.

9 Comments:

Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

Holy fucking cow.
That is awesome.
I so want to be you right now, Mel.

11:45 PM  
Blogger Yankeebob said...

Mel, I love your stories! I can just see the cool facade fade away and you busting out the prom question. That is hilarious! I'd love to have seen his reaction.

Maybe you should have just stuck with asking for an autograph or something. Or at least grabbed him and laid a big wet one on him before he knew what was happening.

7:04 AM  
Blogger cat said...

LOL!

But how cool is it now that you can actually tell a story that involves you meeting Billie Joe AND asking him to the prom? Bwaha! You were this close to a famous rock star. Woo!

9:16 AM  
Blogger Benjamin said...

*glassy eyed stare*

I'd have done the same thing.

12:05 PM  
Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

How funny is the image of Ben asking Billie Joe to the prom?

3:31 PM  
Blogger MomMega: mothersmilkblog.com said...

That is pretty damn funny!! What's odd is that Billie Joe probably would've said yes to Ben, especially if he had handed him his business card!

8:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As the Dead Milkmen sang "Just you and me PUNK ROCK GIRL!"

10:40 AM  
Blogger MomMega: mothersmilkblog.com said...

I love that song!! I would sooo name my kid "Minnie Pearl"!

9:54 PM  
Blogger grace said...

THAT is the cutest thing i have ever heard!!!

7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home