Thursday, July 28, 2005

Wednesday: The Good, The Bad and The Fucking Hot!!

Wednesday could be the worst day and the best day all at once. I have never been so up and down in one day before.

It all started out fine. Had my new favorite breakfast in the whole wide world (Egg Mitt from Noah's Bagels: egg and cheddar on a plain, slightly toasted bagel). Drove to work, not much traffic.

Get to work and get busy. Get an email about a recpetion for a manager leaving. Know what that means? Drinks at 4:30! YES!

Lunchtime: food not so bad...a few minutes later...the worst stomach ache. Ever. Grrrr!

4:30 comes around and I am happily getting ready to leave and quivering with the anticipation of seeing Shirley in just a few short hours! I turn off my lamp as usual and turn to walk away. The damn lamp attacks me from behind! Before I know what is happening, I am being whacked on the back of my head...by a heavy goddamn lamp!! I yelled and stumbled around my office a bit. No one even reacts, so I make a little more noise. Still, no one even asks if I'm okay. *sigh* I dramatically exit my office and announce that I will, hopefully, see everyone tomorrow, if I haven't died as a result of a head injury in the middle of the night. All the assistants cross their fingers.

After pigging out on brie and chocolate covered strawberries, I dash out and start to head over to Grace and Steve's place. On the way there, I call my dad because I haven't talked to him and I wanted to update him about my car and what-not. At first it is normal talky-talky. Then it turns into a beat-down! For a good 15 minutes I hear a big lecture about certain choices I am currently making and, basically, why they are wrong. And that, basically, I need to not be greedy and just move on. I can not even defend myself. I am so caught off guard! I burst into tears and call my mom. All of my frustration and stress surfaces and I spend an additional 15 minutes crying in my car (in front of Grace's place).

I finally compose myself and head upstairs. Ahhh...What is waiting for me there? DINO NUGGETS AND TOTS!!! I fucking love, love, love Grace. Oh! And Steve hands me a nice, cool beverage. They are the best. Within minutes I am feeling sooooo much better!! So much better, in fact, that I happily pose for duuurrrty pics!

The time has finally come to go see Shirley...But first! We must stop and eat fried Twinkies and Oreos. Good god were they delish!! Grace wrote a great wrap-up of the concert, so I will just send you there. She did forget to mention, however, the NASTY "Margarita" (if you can call it that) that we made the mistake of ordering. Tasted like Kool-Aid without the sugar. BLECH!!

So to summarize my Wednesday: head injuries, lots of crying, dino nuggets and tots, Steve's drinks, fried twinkies and oreos, nasty margarita, SHIRLEY, SHIRLEY, OH YEEEEESSSSS SHIRLEY!!!

I guess all's well that ends well....

9 Comments:

Blogger grace said...

up and down, up and down...

stupid dads :P

anyway, i'm glad that you felt somewhat better after the tots and dino nuggets and drink...

just remember... there is nothing so terrible that those 3 things can not fix.

and shirley's chonies.

12:36 PM  
Blogger cat said...

please do not die of a head injury... i won't be able to ever meet you... i want to meet you.. and possibly lick you. hehehehehe..

i'm happy for your happy moments yesterday and sad for the sad ones. you make me smile. :)

12:53 PM  
Blogger Monalicious said...

I hope today is a little more even-keeled for you.

1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

grace and steve are the best.. they make everyone feel at home and make everything better. :)

i hope you feel better today!

1:31 PM  
Blogger Rarry said...

did you say fried twinkies and oreos.... I think Im in love

3:06 PM  
Blogger grace said...

yes, larry. and they were HEAVEN.

4:55 PM  
Blogger SJ said...

Hitting yourself with a lamp - that wasn't very bright, was it? :)

8:31 PM  
Blogger Benjamin said...

Everything is better deep fried.

Everything?

Everything.

11:19 PM  
Blogger PlatinumGirl said...

TGIF

Here's to hoping for only "ups" over the weekend.

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home