Wednesday, August 10, 2005

This One's for Grace!

As some of you may know, I like to tease Grace and call her "Howie" because she is a little anal retentive/ borderline OCD. However, last night my own OCD came into question. Honey and I and one of his friends decided to go to Chili's for dinner. We were taken to a booth in the back. Now, Honey knows that I can not sit with my back to the entrance in the restaurant. I can't explain this. Perhaps I have seen The Godfather one too many times and I am afraid that mobsters are going to follow me in and shoot me up. I don't know.

Anyway, Honey knows this, so he makes sure that he slides in on the side that faces the entrance. Good Honey. However, he slid in first. On the inside. Which meant that I had to sit on the outside of the booth. The outside. By myself. Just hanging out for everyone to see. It seriously made my skin crawl and my stomach cramp. I thought I was going to pass out. Honey looks over at me and asks me if I need to sit on the inside (he is so intuitive, I just love him for that). I weakly shake my head yes. He laughs because he thinks I am afraid that someone is going to come by and scoop me up, but he happily trades spots with me.

What the fuck is wrong with me???

Does this mean that I am only going to get worse? I mean, I know we all have our little quirks (Terra!), but at what point do they go from funny little quirks to all-out psycho?!?!

Well, if nothing else, Grace won't be so lonely when she locks herself in a room and starts peeing in milk bottles. I'll be there to keep her company!

10 Comments:

Blogger cat said...

OMG! i so have to sit facing the entrance too!! only i need to be on the outside of the booth, not the inside. if i am on the inside i get really claustrophobic. eek! hyperventilating while at a restaurant is not a fun thing.

now we know we can always sit TOGETHER at a resto!!! you on the in and me on the out and both facing the door so we can see our arch-nemisisessss arrive!
(both in our sexy jedi outfits with light sabers, yo!)

9:30 AM  
Blogger grace said...

HAH! HAHAHA! i'm not crazy!!!

:P

dude, i have no idea when this shit stops being charming and becomes SCARY...

(and hey, don't worry about your room. it's all fixed now.)

now bring me my milk bottle! i gotta go. :P

oh! and... this could be a problem for you and steve... you guys will never be able to go out to eat. steve likes to face the entrance, though it's not really a weird phobia as it is that he just likes to see what's going on... :P

9:52 AM  
Blogger Monalicious said...

Weirdos.

But I like ya anyways...

11:23 AM  
Blogger TerraT said...

Like Steve I just wanna see what's going on too. I hate feeling left out!

So, yeah, the other night I was seated facing the window with my back to the bar, I got so creeped out that I had an awful night and wanted to leave. It sucked!!!!

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe its just a cry for some attention.

3:10 PM  
Blogger grace said...

is this the same anonymous that's been posting not quite mean, but not quite nice comments?

because that sounds like a cry for attention.

there i gave it to you.

now go away.

5:11 PM  
Blogger LE Sweetz said...

i won't sit in view of the restroom. i just won't do it.

8:27 PM  
Blogger MomMega: mothersmilkblog.com said...

Cat: I knew we were similar versions of the same person!! YES!!

Grace: When Steve is finally mine, we will just have to be one of those couples that sits on the same side together! HA!

Mona: You don't even know the half of it!

Terra: Did you just drink til you didn't care anymore? That's what I do!

Anonymous: First of all, you should know by now that I don't need to resort to ridiculous tactics to get attention. I get it anyway. Second of all, your words carry no weight with me, which is why, until now, I have chosen to ignore most of your comments. When you finally grow a pair and decide to put your name on your snide comments, maybe then I will pay attention. Until then, just continue to be a pussy and not use your name with your comments and I will continue to ignore you.

G: Thanks for having my back, yo!

LE: I don't like to sit ANYWHERE near the restroom. Blech!!

8:11 AM  
Blogger Envoy-ette said...

I hate sitting in a corner booth...where BOTH sides of the restaurant can WATCH ME EAT! I want to face a wall...on the inside...cause my kids are always getting up to go to the bathroom.

4:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bad feng shui really gets to you, eh?

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home