Monday, August 30, 2004

One More Thing...

Does anyone else have to answer someone else's line? Can someone please explain to me why, when people call into a business, they feel the need to tell me their entire history before finally getting to the GD point?!?! If you have a question on your bill, ask for accounting! I don't really care if little Suzy "had a great time at Disneyland, but was afraid of Mickey Mouse and the weather was perfect, but why was I charged for parking?" A simple, "Yes, I had a question on my bill..." will do! Oh and yes, you are a wannabe-vendor? Guess what? Not knowing what you are going to say when someone answers the phone? Not a good impression. If you are reading off a script and it is obvious? Again, not good. And mispronouncing someone's name? Always a way to get your call put straight through! Oh! But here is my favorite! When making an internal call to someone else in the hotel, always act surprised when they pick up the phone! And be flustered and fumble your words together! Then I will totally take you seriously. And if the printer jams? Don't worry about it! Eventually someone else will try to print something and when it doesn't print, they will probably clear the jam for you...when they come in on Monday morning to a plethora of messages saying that the printer is broken (apparently I am also working for Xerox, although I think I am being ripped off because I haven't received a check)!!! One last, unrelated grumble: if you are going to point something out to me on my computer...PLEASE touch my screen! That way I can always remember you were here by the glaring, greasy fingerprint you left behind...BEFORE I BURIED YOU IN THE MOJAVE!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home