Saturday, October 30, 2004

Obsession

First of all, let me tell you why McDonalds is soooo superior to Jack in the Box in every way. When I say no onions on my burger, I truly mean NO GODDAMNED ONIONS. What? You think I don't know what I want? You think that BHP (Bachelors of Hamburger Preparation) makes it okay for you to decide that I really do want the onions? Geesh! And what the hell happened to the fries at JitB? They're crap now. Blech!

But, the number one reason that McDonalds is better can be summed up in two words: Monopoly Game. Yup, it's back and I'm obsessed. I can't sleep at night, thinking about when I will be able to get my next game piece. I think about the blank spaces that are on my board (which I carry with me at all times because I never know when I will acquire a new piece). I think about the prizes that I will win. I think about the people I know in other areas that can send me game pieces from thier local McDonalds. I have a sickness, I can not be stopped. I am even thinking about taking a road trip just to hit up some other areas. If any of you out there could please visit your local McDonalds and send me all your game pieces, you will be handsomely rewarded (I don't know by who, but you know what they say, no good deed goes unnoticed). Help me. I must have free crap! Please?

7 Comments:

Blogger Yankeebob said...

Mel, McDonalds is my kind of place too! I frequently have Big Mac attacks.

Right now I have several of those game pieces laying on my desk. I don't keep them, but one of the women I work with is pretty obsessed with the game too. I'll send them to you, but it has to be our secret. I don't want her to find out and smack me. (She would.)

By the way, this "BHP (Bachelors of Hamburger Preparation)" is hilarious! It made me laugh out loud. Good thing I'm all alone right now. I'd feel kinda silly.

1:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mel, many consider me a raving sociopath. But you and your McDonalds fixation are down right...scary. But I agree with the BHP, THATS fucking hilarious!

1:17 PM  
Blogger cat said...

I have no idea what Jack in the Box is. But McDonalds rocks, baby! I am so addicted to those cheeseburgers. And I, too have them without onions (unless I want to die) and I leave off the pickles too. Although it seems to be rocket science up here if I want them to do something like that. Is it really so hard? They just have to hit the NO ONIONS and NO PICKELS keys. Sheesh.

And I like that monopoly thing too. That reminds me I have pieces hanging around and I need to sign up online...

Oh, and YAY Mel is posting again! I've missed you. CL was down for a bit, and now Ian and you were silent. I felt so alone!

2:29 PM  
Blogger SJ said...

I'm onto it Mel - I'll collect some antipodean game pieces and send them your way. Leave it to me...

2:52 PM  
Blogger MomMega: mothersmilkblog.com said...

Mmmm...Quarter Pounder with Cheese (Or Royal with Cheese for you all you metric (non-metric?) people out there)...yummy.

Cat, I am soooo sorry you felt abandoned...I have been training my replacement (as if anyone could replace me) all week and haven't had access to my computer at work. And then I have had activities planned all week (being so social and all) and haven't been able to log on at home.

By the way....could I be using any more parenthesis!??!

1:09 AM  
Blogger grace said...

BHP... har! that's great... i giggled a little at my desk.

sorry... i can't help you out with those pieces... i don't go to mcdonald's... but if i ever do, i'll be sure to send 'em your way... :P

9:05 AM  
Blogger Quyen said...

Ditto on Grace's statement... and BTW, Jack in the Box is WAAAAAAAY better than Mickey D's ;)

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home