Wednesday, February 16, 2005

You Can Blame the NHL

I have suffered so much mental distress these past few months. I have had no outlet for my energy or my anger. And now it is official.

"NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman issued the following statement:

'Every professional sports league owes its very existence to its fans. Everyone associated with the National Hockey League owes our fans an apology for being unable to accomplish what is necessary for our game and our fans. We are truly sorry."

I am forwarding all of my therapy bills to Commissioner Bettman. They can't accomplish what is necessary for me!?!? Like hell! They can accomplish paying my therapist and everyone else who has had to suffer as a result of my frustration.

7 Comments:

Blogger grace said...

awwww... do i need to buy you another drink, l'il lady? :P

4:56 PM  
Blogger Rarry said...

Poor Mel…You should try taking a martial arts class to get your aggressions out. It helps me :D

6:29 PM  
Blogger Benjamin said...

I offer free ride-alongs for all parties interested in attacking my enemies with me.

Long walks on the beach, candlelight dinners, and rocket launchers. You should come along and get the frustration out.

8:18 PM  
Blogger Yankeebob said...

I heard this story last night and I immediately though of you Mel. I knew you'd be upset. Cancelling an entire season over a salary cap issue? How stupid. Seems like it would be better to have a job. Unions can be more detrimental than helpful sometimes.

That guy Benjamin has some interesting ideas, eh?

Go see Grace. She'll help with your troubles. Plus we get to hear all about your adventures!

11:45 AM  
Blogger SJ said...

Mel, I just noticed that the word "therapist" is actually the two words "the rapist" shoved together. Now I wonder what Mr Freud would have to say about that...?

1:46 PM  
Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

Mel, I worry about you. Really.

6:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You and I can wallow in our sorrows together...thanks for sharing the pain.

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home