Thursday, September 02, 2004

But I Still Look 17!

So, I have my ten-year high school reunion this month. Whaaaat?? How did that happen? I must've been sucked into some sort of vortex that threw me into an alternate universe. I just don't understand how time could've gone by that fast! The weird thing is, I still feel 18. I still get carded for everything. That has to count for something, right?

I have been dreaming about my reunion and last night was a weird one (must've been the Rocky Road Ice Cream I had for dinner). So in my dream the first part of the reunion was in a little bar and it was for everyone in my class. After the first hour we moved into a ballroom and everyone who ever graduated from my high school was invited to come and bring their families. Well, I walked into the ballroom and realized I had left my purse in the bar (which strangely enough, I have done before...I have even left my shoes in a club in Vegas, but that's a story for another time). So I run back to the bar and it is closed. The janitor is mopping the floor. And he is Ashton Kutcher. So I am knocking on the glass because from where I am I can see my purse (which is a very cute white Coach purse...I wish!). Janitor Ashton completely ignores me!! Rude! Finally after what seems like a miserably long time, he opens the door. I ask for my purse and he gets for me and I LEAVE! Dumb Mel! Anywhoo, I finally make it into the ballroom. There are a bunch of people that I recognize and they are all there with their families. And they are all dressed in bikinis!! Well, the girls are anyway. And they are all super tan and have permed, frosted hair. The hell? Needless to say, I am feeling completely over dressed in my black strapless number (who let me out of the house in a black dress and a white purse? I am so glad I couldn't see my shoes because they probably would've been white pumps! AAAHHH!). And the weirdest part was, I was all alone because all my friends were on stage singing Karaoke to that 4 Non Blondes song "What's Going On?" At least I think that's the name of the song...

Oh gosh! What if my reunion really is like that? Do I need to get my hair permed and frosted before I go?

3 Comments:

Blogger Kis Lee said...

Yeah, time just flies by. I will probably be so depressed the day I stop getting carded.

3:42 PM  
Blogger grace said...

i still get carded, too. i get depressed when i don't. they only don't card me when i'm with steve. they just ask: you're 21, right? okay, here you go.

my 10 year reunion is coming up in april. uuufff. i don't want to go. i mean, everyone i want to talk to from HS, i still talk to. everyone else can go effe themselves. heh.

4:20 PM  
Blogger MomMega: mothersmilkblog.com said...

See, I used to get all huffy when I got carded, like obviously I am 21, can't you tell how mature and worldly I am? hee. Now I enjoy it, check me out, I'm getting carded! And I am slightly offended when I don't! There is no pleasing me. Grace, I know how you feel. I keep in touch with the 5 people I still like from HS. But for me it is more about the people watching...And also, showing off how my year at the gym has paid off, because I look better now then I did then. BWAAAHAHAAA!!! I am so evil. D-Nice I love your analysis of my dream! Especially the part about why Ashton was there!

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home