Friday, September 03, 2004

I'm Dreaming of a Long Weekend!

It's 1:40 on a Friday before a long weekend. How much work do you think I am getting done? I am very excited for this weekend. However, with the exception of the Dave Chappelle concert on Showtime on Saturday night, I really have no plans. What should I do??? Ideally this is what I would like:

Friday, 4:30pm: Head straight to Macy's. Buy two or three pairs of shoes. Check out the clothes. Buy an outfit that makes me look tall. Head to the make-up counter. But make-up that will make me look irresistible while not seeming like I am trying to hard. This shopping trip should be followed by mass consumption of food and alcohol. Drift off to sleep in slightly-buzzed haze.

Saturday, 9:00am: Wake up hangover-free, feeling completely refreshed! Go to the gym and discover that no one else has decided to work out this morning so I have the entire gym all to myself. Have a good work out and miracuously, don't sweat or smell!

Saturday, 12:00pm: After a long, hot shower discover that my skin has cleared up and my pores have shrunk! Celebrate with lunch and cocktails with my best friend.

Saturday, 4:00pm: Return home to find an excellent selection of movies on TV. Nap while watching them. Get up after a few hours, eat dinner and watch Dave Chapelle while having many beers. Beat my friends at Trivial Pursuit. Drift off to sleep in a slightly-buzzed haze.

Sunday: Have a leisurely champagne-filled brunch. Go home and lay in sweats all day watching movies.

Sunday, 7pm: Get a last-minute invite to a BBQ/Party. Have perfect outfit to wear and a good hair night. Skin still clear! Go to sleep in a slightly-buzzed haze.

Monday, 9am: Wake up and ask the boy next to me to drive me home (HA!). Come home to find that someone has cleaned my house and done the laundry! Head off to movies, followed by dinner and drinks. Go to sleep in a slightly-buzzed haze.

2 Comments:

Blogger MomMega: mothersmilkblog.com said...

I wish I had that life! In reality, the TV watching part is probably the only thing that will actually happen...maybe the slightly-buzzed haze, too, if I'm lucky!

3:44 PM  
Blogger grace said...

if you can get the slightly buzzed haze, you're doing all right!

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home