Friday, September 10, 2004

My Name is Mel, and I Am a Pawn

A pawn! I will try to keep everyone happy. I will agree with everyone. I will go to lunch when they want to. I will eat what they decide. I will pick up after them. I will go to events that are horribly boring and expensive so they don't get pissy. I will talk about boring work-related topics so that they can keep talking. I will not speak until spoken to.

And then I will curl up in my bed and die of embarrassment for being so weak-willed!

UGH!! Is it time to go home yet!?!?

2 Comments:

Blogger MomMega: mothersmilkblog.com said...

The weird thing is, I can totally say no...I am just always trying to make people happy, even if it is at the expense of my own happiness...f-that man! I am turning over a new leaf!

2:47 PM  
Blogger MomMega: mothersmilkblog.com said...

Thanks, Ken...I think you may be right...I feel like I am on the cusp of major change. I love the chess analogy, I think it is perfect...

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home