Sunday, December 19, 2004

Happy Birthday to Me!

You know what the craziest thing about birthdays is? Every year I have one, yet somehow my age hasn't changed once in the last 4 years! Huh.

Anyway, I am at work today. Booo!! That bites. And I have a HUGE sinus headache. Double boooo!!

I did call my mom and thank her for giving birth to me this lovely day __ years ago. And I thanked her for liking my dad enough to have sex with him twice (once for me and once for my brother) because I know they have never done it before or since then. She said the kindest thing to me. She said that she knows that birthdays are a time to reflect on what you have accomplished so far in your years alive. Then she told me that she thinks that I have a lot to be proud of. Thanks mom. It really means alot to me to have her say that because I know that her and my dad are not happy about certain decisions in my life in the last year or so. But I know that no matter what they will support me and that is the best present I could get from them.

And Little Bear bought me a very nice Bulova watch. I feel all grown up now in my fancy-shmancy watch. And now I have to take great care and not fall down the stairs (I fell down my stairs and scratched up the face of my last watch which made it impossible to tell time, but that watch was no Bulova)!!

Thank you to Cat and Ian for the very sweet cards! Ian, I won't be getting that drunk tonight because I have to work tomorrow, but I will try and get that drunk on Wednesday night when I go out to celebrate with my cousin (her birthday was the 15th)! Unfortunately, I will have no way to prove it, though, because we don't allow cameras when we go out. Too much evidence. Hee. Unless we make it on the 11:00 news. Then I will tape it and send it to you! And Cat, yes, us Rabbits need to stick together. So hurry up and have your Birthday already!!

Anyway, I know I kid about staying young, but the truth is I don't mind being the age I am. And I really don't think I will mind turning 30 next year. My 20's were too traumatic. I hate my 20's. I just want them to be over. So, I will embrace this coming year and get my shit together and prepare to enter my 30's with a new mindset and a clean slate.

I hope everyone out there has a lovely Sunday afternoon, while I am here at work organizing a Buddhist concert (I am not kidding).

7 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

Happy birthday to Mel, happy birthday to Mel, happy birrrrthday to Meee-el! Happy birthday tooooo Meeeeel!!

12:37 PM  
Blogger Benjamin said...

Happy birthday Mel! Go birthday the hell out of it -- some of us are still waiting to turn 21, you have to do it for the little guys!... who would be me. Wahey!

2:01 PM  
Blogger cat said...

i think people still waiting to turn 21 should not be allowed to post things like that information on other people's blogs. or at all. makes the rest of us feel old. ha!

happy birthday you wascally wabbit! give me, uh, 35 days (had to count the boxes on the calendar) and i'll be right with you. thanks for making me feel less sad that i'm not a dragon!

2:42 PM  
Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

Ben is allowed to Cat. But only Ben. He's my favorite 20 year old ever.

5:54 PM  
Blogger Oddgirl said...

Happy Birthday Mel! I didn't hear anything about cake...mmmmm cake...oh yeah, I hope you have a great day.:)

6:40 PM  
Blogger peachy said...

Happy Birthday Mel.
Maybe your 20s will go out with a bang. Enjoy it.

7:18 AM  
Blogger Kis Lee said...

Bulova...sweet.

happy birthday mel! hope you have a great celebration.

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home