Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Enough

Okay, so I am over the Pity Party. Debbie Downer does not live here anymore (Wah-wah). After my last post I spent an hour on the phone with my friend Laurie. I miss her. She lives in St. John (rough, I know). But she has a way of putting everything in perspective. She rules. Also, total bonus, Cat called me!! I know, right? How cool is she??? She made me giggle and made my drive home fly by. Thanks, Honey, I appreciate your concern.

Then I hung out with my parents. My mom made me s'ghetti. Mmmmm...Binky's s'ghetti!! Binky also has a way of putting things in perspective. And she gives good hugs.

I topped my evening off with several beers with friends. All in all, it made the events of that afternoon seem unimportant.

My Saturday was busy!! I had two weddings and a banquet! But everything ran pretty smooth. I was able to get everything going and head on over to Steve and Grace's (although we were late and The Boy and I both felt really bad). But I made it up to them by letting Steve beat me at 90's Edition Trivial Pursuit. I am such a giver! Steve and Grace made us yummy food and provided the Champers. Mmmm...no wonder I love them so much. They really know the way to a girl's heart!

On Sunday I got to start my day with an All American Waffle (blueberries, strawberries and bananas w/whipped cream) and a Mimosa. Heaven! We had all intentions of going to the movies, but we were easily distracted by a BBQ. I hate when that happens!

And then yesterday I finally cleaned up my disgusting apartment. Now everything is shiny and clean and smelling fresh. I love coming home to that.

So, I am over the events of last week. Sometimes it takes something like that to make you look around and appreciate what you do have. And I know that I do have good friends that care about me (both in "real" life and online). I have met a wonderful boy that brings out the best in me and makes me laugh. And I have good family that will hug me and make me s'ghetti when I feel sad. All in all, I am pretty darn lucky! And I am determined not to let anyone ruin it for me.

11 Comments:

Blogger grace said...

debbie downer. hehehe. ... that makes me giggle. i love that snl skit.

glad you're feeling better :)

let's hang out again soon :)

10:04 AM  
Blogger Kis Lee said...

all this talk about mimosas has me craving one right now.

glad you're feeling better.

10:32 AM  
Blogger cat said...

i call people i love. ;)

i'd call grace, but i am afraid she'll think i am lame. :P (seriously!! i have a total phone phobia!! i am so scared to phone people... and i do it for a living. gah!!)

mel, you're a star! one day we'll actually talk longer than five minutes on the phone AND when you're not driving. ha! (oh, and youhavetoemailmeaboutthisBoysoican knowmore!!)

10:48 AM  
Blogger TerraT said...

Glad you're feeling better, and I totally understand.

I have friends who got married and had kids and just completely cut me out of their social circle, as if I couldn't even relate to them anymore.

Then again, I have a lot of friends who didn't. So to the friends who did, I say, oh well. Their problem, not mine.

12:03 PM  
Blogger Rarry said...

Welcome back Mel...glad your doin better

12:37 PM  
Blogger Yankeebob said...

Glad you're over the "Debbie Downer" thing. It's just so out of character for you.

So, when do we hear more details about this new boy? Sounds like he's a good one for you. :)

12:43 PM  
Blogger grace said...

whatever, cat. you just hate me.

actually, i'm a phone phobe, too. i don't do well on the phone at all. so i might not even answer the phone. heh.

1:32 PM  
Blogger MomMega: mothersmilkblog.com said...

Grace: yes, let's hang...we had fun, until I lost that is...Dumb Steve and all his knowledge!!

LE: Mmmmm...Mimosas...my favorite way to spend a Sunday!

Cat: I will have to send you lots of good info about the boy. And it's true, Grace is bad on the phone. I always think she's mad at me...of course it's usually because I am drunk dialing her...

Terra: Exactly! Their loss, seeing as how I am so much fun and everything! *snort*

Larry: Glad to be had...back that is!

YB: Ooooh, he's good...very, very good!!

2:35 PM  
Blogger grace said...

they were just lucky rolls, mel...

feel better now? :P

8:42 AM  
Blogger cat said...

just as long as you don't drunk dial me because i'm THREE HOURS behind you. i would NOT be a happy cat :P

11:37 AM  
Blogger peachy said...

Glad you're feeling better Mel. Things look so different when you're thinking positively. You realize all the good things that you do have, and the bad things aren't even that big of a deal.

4:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home