Monday, May 16, 2005

Weekend Update

Well, as I am sure you can already guess, I had some cocktails yesterday. Just a little...hee hee. But if I may, I would like to say a few things about Saturday first.

So Saturday was Weenie's 30th birthday party. I had wanted to plan her a bad ass surprise party, but I got shut down. Whatever. Anyway, her sister-in-law planned her a very lovely pool party. Unfortunately, it started at 3pm and I had to work. So I didn't even get there until about 7:30. And I have never felt more uncomfortable in my entire life. And these were with people that are supposed to be my friends. I guess when everyone is knee-deep in marriage and kids, they really have no interest in anything else. I felt like because of my "situation" nobody felt like they had anything to talk to me about. Nobody stepped up and asked me how I was or about my job or even if there were any good books I've read lately. Nothing. Nada. Since I really had nothing to contribute in regards to marriage, kids, or buying a house, I was pretty much closed out of the group. When did my friends turn into such squares? They used to be fun. Now they are so serious. I am also pretty offended by the fact that none of my friends feel like they can talk to me. Is it true that at some point in our life we grow so far from our friends that we can't find our way back? I really feel that way. When I really needed someone to lean on, did my friends that I have known more than half my life step up and help me? Nope. Not at all. My cousin was there for me. And as odd as it sounds, Grace was really the only other person who was there. And I've known her less than a year! Anyway, enough on that topic. Fuck em. Who needs em?

Sooooo...as you may know, Sunday is my Funday! And I think it was pretty darn close to perfect. It started with a lovely breakfast. I made Mimosas and The Boy made me the best French Toast I have ever eaten. Ever! We sat in the sun and drank and ate and drank some more. I watched the boys play whiffle ball in the alley. I watched JD make the catch of a lifetime! Then I watched JD take the fall of a lifetime. He went down like an elephant at the circus. Dust cloud and everything. I thought I was going to pee my pants from laughing soooo hard. It definitely made my weekend.

JD suggested nice cold beer, so we moved on to that. My cousin showed up and we relaxed and drank. Mmmmm...then we went to meet up with some of their friends. We sat outside and chatted and drank some more. We finally decided that we were hungry and went back to the house. As we are getting into a cab, I didn't duck my head low enough. You guessed it. Huge lump on the back of my head. Damn it. Always with the drunken injuries! Doesn't matter, it was still the best day ever.

Now I am sitting here watching a two-hour Anderson Cooper special. My week has peaked and it's only Monday! Sweet!

9 Comments:

Blogger grace said...

whiffle ball. hehehe. that is STILL making me laugh!!!

sorry to hear about your friends...

:(

but, it's okay... i'm sure things will go back to being normal soon :) maybe it was an off day or something...

9:33 AM  
Blogger Quyen said...

Ouch! Sorry about your bump! I think everyone should tell a drunken accident story now :P

10:07 AM  
Blogger cat said...

it's sad (and funny) how something can happen to show you who your true friends really are. sorry you're having a tough time, mel. and ice that bump on your pretty little head!

10:39 AM  
Blogger Kis Lee said...

glad "the boy" is making you happy.

i wish i could get mine to cook me french toast. wait...then he'd expect me to cook for him. ok, scratch that...

sorry about your friends. some friends don't step up when you need them. :(

11:54 AM  
Blogger peachy said...

I'm glad you had a fun Sunday. J.D. is right-there's nothing like drinking on Sunday morning/ afternoon. Sorry about your noggin.

I know what you mean about your friends being there or not being there. It sucks how people just change once they get married or have kids. Losers. hee hee.

11:55 AM  
Blogger Yankeebob said...

Funny thing about old friends, it's just like marriage, sometimes you grow in different directions. Sad, but true. They still should be there when you really need them. (Grace rocks!)

I love wiffle ball. I sure miss playing that!

The last time I did serious drinking on a Sunday, I was sick for 3 days. But that Sunday was the best!! :)

12:13 PM  
Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

I did it like this, I did it like that, I did it with a whiffle ball bat so.......

(sorry your friends suck now. mine too)

10:32 AM  
Blogger cat said...

MEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!

call cindy lou!!! >:( *growl*

tickets get more expensive the closer you get to leaving! :P

1:12 PM  
Blogger Rarry said...

Poor Mel... My friends all turned into lame asses too. I always call them and invite them to places I know they cant go to just to spite them.

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home