Thursday, April 28, 2005

Darth Mel

In honor of the third episode of Star Wars, the marketing gurus have created a Darth Vader helmet with a voice changer. Ahhhhhh…can my life be any better at this moment??? I doubt it.

They sell them at Target and I am drooling, drooling, drooling to get my hands on one! I was talking on the phone last night and my friend asked me what I was going to do with the helmet.

I told him that I was going to put the helmet on, get my light saber, pop the Star Wars DVD in and act out the role of Darth Vader in my living room. Can you picture it?

As the lights dim, a hush falls over the crowd. A voice comes over the loudspeaker:
“Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen. Tonight the role of Darth Vader will be played by Mel Mega.”


Sweet! I can totally picture it. I am serious, though. I am going to find a couple of good scenes and memorize and perfect them in my Darth Vader helmet. Then, I can re-enact scenes at any given time. I will be the hit of every party I go to! In fact, people may eventually pay me to come to their parties and entertain them with my uncanny resemblance to the real dark lord!

So, if I don’t post for a while, it is only because I am in training. I must memorize every tick, every movement, every breath of my Lord Vader.

May the Force Be With You…

10 Comments:

Blogger cat said...

will i get a darth mel performance at my wedding reception?? huh? will i?? that would be soooo cool.

although shawn might just fall head over heels in love with YOU and leave me at the alter.. let me think on this. :)

1:16 PM  
Blogger cat said...

ooh! oooh! and LOOK i'm first to post a comment!1

wooty woot!!

1:17 PM  
Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

Do you watch Arrested Development? There's a recurring Luke Skywalker thing that this reminds me of. It cracks me up every time.

1:36 PM  
Blogger SJ said...

You just *have* to learn the "Obi Wan never told you what happened to your father" speech from Empire...

2:20 PM  
Blogger SJ said...

Hey, look Mel - comments only from Cat, CL and Ian. Jst like old times, huh? :)

2:20 PM  
Blogger grace said...

LUUUUUUKE, LUUUUUUUUUUKE...

i am your faaaather...

i had no idea they had them at target.

i need one.

2:51 PM  
Blogger Kis Lee said...

target has everything...

take a picture when you get your helmet.

3:03 PM  
Blogger MomMega: mothersmilkblog.com said...

Cat: If I have perfected a scene by then, then yes. But I promise I will stay away from Shawn.

CL: My friend has like every episode TiVo'd, so I will have to tell him that I want to watch them.

Ian: That is totally the first speech I am going to learn!! Woo hoo!

Grace: Oooh yes, please get one!! Then when I come over, we can have Battle of the Darths!! Yippee! That sounds like fun!

LE: Of course I will!!

4:02 PM  
Blogger TerraT said...

They also have Mr. Potato Head Darth Vaders... something to think about.

5:57 PM  
Blogger Benjamin said...

You are my hero. Just... just. God. You are my hero.

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home