Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Carb Crazy!

I don't know what is wrong with me...I am usually not a carb person. It isn't for any health or weight reasons, really. They just make me all bloaty and lethargic and who likes feeling that way after they eat? So I usually avoid them. I like bread as much as the next person, but I don't eat a lot of it. Same goes for pasta. I think the only thing I have a real weakness for is potatoes. Mmmm...yummy!

Well, the last three days I have been out of control!! Here is my list:

Saturday:
Bacon, egg and cheese croissant
Roast beef and cheddar sandwich on baguette
Chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, biscuits and extra gravy (can you say heart attack on a plate?)

Sunday:
Open-faced meatloaf sandwich, mashed potatoes, extra gravy
Spaghetti w/meatballs, half a loaf of garlic bread
Pizookie (for those who don't know, this would be a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie in the pan, served hot, topped with vanilla bean ice cream)

Monday:
Banana bread
Large baked potato w/cheese, bacon and sour cream
Bruschetta
Fettucine w/shrimp and lemon garlic cream sauce and sourdough bread

UGH! No wonder I am soooo bloated! I am sick to my stomach just thinking about all that heavy food!! What the heck is wrong with me? Why am I craving so much crap?? Now please excuse me while I go upstairs for a snack!

P.S. I am going to eat celery w/peanut butter...back to my low-carb eating habits!

9 Comments:

Blogger Quyen said...

I used to be on Atkins and I can attest to the fact that a low-carb diet gives you a more consistent flow of energy... Now that I eat whatever I want, I'm always sleepy after meals and want to catnap all the time... zzzzz...

12:37 PM  
Blogger cat said...

Are you kidding? I live on bread. Although I have stomach issues and generally plain white bread is about the only thing I can digest.

But potatoes and bread and cake. I am a walking Carb ad!

I so thought you had written CRAB Crazy and I was expecting a rather amusing story about you getting drunk and having some passionate fling which resulted in this post.

Luckily though you are talking about carbs and not crabs. Go, you! Stay crab free!

On another note, I now have something in my left eye. It's your fault. I am blaming you. It's been bugging me since 2pm eastern standard time. Darn, you, Mel! *waves fist in consternation*

Oh, and look I can post comments now. I am sure it's because I chose to show my name rather than my nickname. Picky blogger.

1:10 PM  
Blogger Oddgirl said...

Are you getting close to that time of the month? Please don't answer that. You know what I mean. I'm usually a really healthy eater, but stray around that time. Perhaps it's stress. Did you make the banana bread? I want a bite.

1:19 PM  
Blogger MomMega: mothersmilkblog.com said...

HAHAHA! CRAB crazy! That is sooo funny! Well, when I did get something in my eye, all I could think about was The Lou's post on the crab that got in that girl's eye at the Bachelorette party. But seeing as how nothing like that has been anywhere near my eye in a while, I just don't see how that is possible...

Oh gosh, Nina, I wish I had made the bread. It would've been a lot better!! But no, it was the Starbucks version of banana bread. And no, nowhere near that time of the month...

The good thing is, I am so grossed out that I am back on track and feel better already!

1:48 PM  
Blogger SJ said...

Can I just say that I am particularly enjoying the image of Cat *waving fist in consternation*.

2:48 PM  
Blogger cat said...

I have way too many blogs to read daily now. This is getting crazy. I have no time for anything else - like making dinner. Ha! Maybe I'll lose weight this way?

Mel - I was totally thinking about The Lou's crab story too, but I didn't reference it in case you didn't know what I was talking about. Plus I didn't have time to link the post to my comment because the general manager kept walking by my desk and I SO wasn't working. :)

Ian... you made me have to look up consternation to make sure I used the right word. I was sure I had used the wrong context because of your comment. But I think I got it right. Ha! Shame on you for causing me doubt! Maybe I won't spend your birthday with you now.

And I was going to bring cake.

3:13 PM  
Blogger SJ said...

(Ian shakes his fist in consternation)

"Elsewheeeeeere!!!"

3:13 AM  
Blogger MomMega: mothersmilkblog.com said...

Mmmm...cake...

8:45 AM  
Blogger grace said...

damn. i'm hungry now... i just read your food list...

mmm... heart attack on a plate... mmmm...

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home