Friday, October 01, 2004

Koji's

I heart Shabu Shabu. Really. Love it. It is so tasty and satisfying. I don't feel guilty if I finish my entire plate, as it is somewhat healthy for me. And the best part is, Koji's offers a happy hour price of 50% off any Shabu Shabu meal Mon-Thurs before 6pm. Can you say $13 dinner, including gigantor Sapporo!??!

For any of you who do not know what Shabu Shabu is, it is basically where you cook your own food. Do you remember the scene in Lost in Translation where they are at the restaurant and Scarlett Johansen looks at the menu and says "It all looks the same to me." and there is a steaming pot in the middle of the table? That's Shabu Shabu! It means "swish swish" because you put your food in the water and swish it until it is cooked. Oh yum!

I highly suggest you run out this second and go eat it! NOW!

10 Comments:

Blogger cat said...

So, lemme get this straight... everyone swishes their food around in the same pot? So like all the germs from their forks, spoons, whatever get all swished around at the same time?

Yuck.

Or do you get your own pot? What happens if you double dip?

12:16 PM  
Blogger grace said...

it's unsanitary, but oh, so good.

12:40 PM  
Blogger MomMega: mothersmilkblog.com said...

Everyone has their own pot!! (oooh...that sounds funny). So you are only swishing with your own utensils...and no forks, Silly Beyond!! Chopsticks!!

1:15 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Cooking your own food? I hope it's cheap as hell to eat there, or they at least provide some topless waitresses to feed you.

Whatever, I'll try it anyway.

1:49 PM  
Blogger SJ said...

Really? Shabu Shabu is a restaurant where you cook your own food? That gives me an idea - I'm going to open a hairdressing salon where you wash your own hair and call it Shampoo Shampoo...

4:05 PM  
Blogger grace said...

everyone gets their own pot? i must've been getting ghetto shabu shabu.

4:14 PM  
Blogger cat said...

Mike and Ian have won my heart for being super funny. At least I'll have other people to love if my boyfriend doesn't show up at our wedding. ;)

Mel - hmm, I'm like the only person in the free world who can't use chopsticks. I have tried and tried and tried but I still can't get it. And I don't even like to cook at home so why would I cook someplace where I had to PAY to do it??? Hee.

7:37 AM  
Blogger Quyen said...

So THAT'S what they were eating in Lost in Translation! So does the food come out all poached or is it like Korean BBQ?

9:47 AM  
Blogger cat said...

Hmm.. no one is posting anything new. Darn you I am going through withdrawl! Post something!! :)

Want any tomatoes??

3:16 PM  
Blogger MomMega: mothersmilkblog.com said...

Busy day! Right! Mike and Ian...resident comedians. Hee hee...no topless waitresses, but they are young and cute. And on Friday nights there's a DJ.

Grace! Ewww...you have been eating ghetto Shabu Shabu!! Tee hee...

Quyen, it comes out cooked, not barbecued, though...almost fried, but with no batter...does that make sense? And it comes with yummy dipping sauces...mmmm...like a little piece of heaven on earth!

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home