Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Quasi-Political Post

So I try not to get too political in my posts for fear of "the wrath" from gutless anonymous posters. However, something happened that really bothers me. And who better to share it with then all of my lovely Blogger friends!

Now, let me start by saying that I am NOT a Bush supporter. AT ALL. I would vote for the Cat in the Hat over him in a heartbeat. Please don't post comments trying to convince me otherwise. I am entitled to my opinions and viewpoints. That is the wonderful thing about my Blog.

So, I drive up to my building the other day and what do I see? A giant Bush 2004 poster-thing stuck into our front lawn. Now, I know that my downstairs neighbor can be a little bit of a freak. For example, he is a huge USC fan. Whenever there is a USC game on television, he will wake up at the butt-crack of dawn and start playing the USC fight song. Full blast. All damn day. My entire apartment will shake from sun-up to sun-down. He is nuts.

Anyway, I am very happy for him that he supports Bush. That is his prerogative to do so. However, when you are living in a building with four other apartments and nine other people, please do not advertise your politics on behalf of the entire building!

Am I being too sensitive? If he is all for Bush, let him put the Bush poster in his window...I just really think that it is unfair for him to stick the thing in the front lawn. Does that mean that I can get a Kerry poster and stick it on the opposite side of the walkway. Oh my gosh! I should sooo do that! If he can put his politics on the front lawn, why can't I!?!? Hmmm...I wonder where I could get one of those things??? Anyone know?

The only other option is to remove it at night while he is sleeping. Which is the lesser of two evils?

8 Comments:

Blogger cat said...

I would put up a Cat in the Hat poster next to the Bush poster. Cat in the Hat 2004. Wonder who the running mate should be.. Horton? From Horton Hears a Who? Or maybe the Who itself?

The goldfish?

Someone else's blog has the title "Vote Kerry: He's not Bush" I like that. It amuses me. I like to be amused.

3:15 PM  
Blogger grace said...

ooh, put the kerry poster next to the bush poster. if you have to, steal it from another neighbor's home. and leave them a note of why you stole it.

they'd be sad, but they'd get over it after they've seen what a service you've done your neighborhood.

what a wanker your neighbor is. find yourself a john kerry sign! and if you can't, just rip out the W sign. can i help? hehe

4:04 PM  
Blogger Quyen said...

I agree with CL and Grace... You could even stick the sign in front of the Bush sign... so as to obscure it from view ;)

5:03 PM  
Blogger MomMega: mothersmilkblog.com said...

I'm thinking I will just replace the Bush poster with a Kerry poster...wonder if he'll notice? One of my friends said I should just make a HUGE Kerry poster with markers and hang it in my window. I live on the second story, so it would be more visible...you know, our neighborhood has not had much controversy in a while and I am more than happy to step up and cause some!

8:31 AM  
Blogger grace said...

i saw a Kerry/Edwards sign on one of the neighbor's lawns this morning on the way to work. WOOHOO!

you wouldn't think that it would be cause for so much excitement, but i live in GOP-land. it's scary sometimes. so i was pretty excited...

thought about ripping the Kerry/Edwards sign to give to you... but then i realized i don't know where you live. sorry!

10:22 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Forget the Kerry poster. Just spraypaint "Go UCLA!" on the Bush sign. What a sped.

12:21 PM  
Blogger Kis Lee said...

Yeah, I agree w/ Mike. Put up a UCLA sign.

Or burn that freaking Bush poster!

2:18 PM  
Blogger MomMega: mothersmilkblog.com said...

BWAH! I am all over the UCLA thing!! I can't believe I didn't think of it before!! I wonder if I could download the UCLA fight song????

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home