Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Think of the Children!

Okay, am I alone here, or does anyone else in the free world know about and practice The Courtesy Flush?!?! I think I could be alone.

For those of you who don't know (or live somewhere crazy like Canada or Australia - Kidding!), The Courtesy Flush is used when one goes to the restroom and may emit a foul odor. As it breaks off, you flush. This is especially courteous when you are using a public restroom or in an office building, etc. It does not require much of an extra effort and your co-workers and/or the public will quietly thank you for being so polite.

However, not using The Courtesy Flush is just downright rude and selfish! You must have some nerve to think that the people around you want to smell what you had for dinner last night!! It is especially bad when it seeps out of the restroom and smacks you in the face as you are walking down the hall! There is just no need for this sort of behavior in society today.

So, I am begging you, ALL of you. Please use The Courtesy Flush. Please spread the word to your friends, family, neighbors and co-workers. If we all just gave an extra flush or two, the world would be a much happier, peaceful place.

This message has been brought to you by Flushers for a Better Tomorrow.

10 Comments:

Blogger grace said...

i thought the courtesy flush was when you flush, wait to make sure that all the shitlogs were down the drain... and if they're not, you flush again...

either way... yes. utilize the courtesy flush. either one. i'm not picky. please. for the love of god.

1:58 PM  
Blogger Kis Lee said...

This is why I try to avoid the public restrooms as much as possible.

2:19 PM  
Blogger Quyen said...

*campaigns* Mel for Human Resources! Yay!

2:27 PM  
Blogger cat said...

HELP! I can comment on people's blogs, and I can look at other people's blog. But I can't post my stupid post that I just spent a loooonbg time writing. It keeps crashing and deleting my post. Thank the gods I had copied it to word this time because I needed to spellcheck and the spell checker wasn't working. It was still on my clipboard. I want to POST! ARGH!

Sorry, just had to vent here. I know you'd care. ha.

On a related post comment... what the hell is it with public washrooms that makes people not flush? Or not throw the toiletpaper IN the toilet? Or not actually do their business IN the toilet. I always wonder what the hell these people do at home? I mean. EW. It must be disgusting, no??

6:42 PM  
Blogger SJ said...

In my last job when I was still working in a book shop, we had this customer who we called The Urinator. His preference was to ignore the urinal altogether and instead make use of the little hockey-puck sized drain in the floor. Suffice to say, his flow rarely hit it's mark...

1:13 AM  
Blogger Yankeebob said...

Boy, this one hits home! Right outside my office there is a restroom that should be on a 'every 2 minute courtesy flush' schedule. It's rough.

And there are two certain individuals that use it that must eat garbage daily for supper. When either goes in and closes the door, everyone in the vicinity clears out for about a 1/2 hour. I'm not sure the courtesy flush thing would help.

And what's worse is, they don't have good aim when they aren't in there to stink up the place. (Nuff said on that one.)

Thanks for the opportunity to vent. Whew!

6:14 AM  
Blogger Oddgirl said...

I say look at their shoes under the stall. Take note and confront them. If confrontation isn't your thing, you could leave an anonymous sticky note on their desk.
Life is too short to be smelling someone else's poo.

9:39 AM  
Blogger SJ said...

Yep, totally agree - if you're ever in a public convenience and are about to pitch a loaf, a fake cough is a man's best friend...

2:07 AM  
Blogger Rob Burton said...

You guys are lucky to live in the civilized world where you are at least able to use the courtesy flush. I recently spent a month in Ukraine and lets be honest that not even the third world and I despair at the state of the toilet facilities there.

I mean, we have had a civilisation for over 2 thousand years in Europe (sorry America) and the best idea for shitting they have is a hole in the ground! Come on. I can’t do that and have to suffer the aches and pains of having to hang on till we find somewhere with a European bog/john/head etc.

Americans be warned there is a lot worse out there than you can ever imagine in your bubble gum perfumed ‘washrooms’!

7:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your hotness level just went down about 5 points. Look, we do not need to hear this from your pretty little face. Keep the poo poo jokes to men. Alright honey?

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home