Thursday, January 27, 2005

Practically Perfect

Sometimes there are things that satisfy your craving or fit your needs so well, that for a while they are "practically perfect in every way" (like Mary Poppins). As of 11am this morning, here are some things that I think are practically perfect:

  • Snickers Poppables - I think that I have mentioned them before in previous posts, but I would like to reiterate their perfection. Seriously. The truth is, I am not a crazy-obsessed chocolate freak. I could usually give or take it. And when I do crave it, I don't need a lot to keep me happy. Which is where the Poppables "pop" in (hee...couldn't resist). They are bite-sized, have a taste of caramel and are a little nutty. Mmmm...chocolate perfection to me! And if I only have a teeny craving, I just have a couple. If I have a ginormous craving, I eat the whole bag!
  • The Garden State Soundtrack - I tend to become a little obsessed at times. I have been listening to this soundtrack all day every day for the past two and half weeks. And I am not sick of it yet. Now it has become a mission of sorts. How long can I possibly listen to it before I want to shove it behind the couch and not see it for two years? So far, there is no end in site. Best soundtrack! Ever!
  • Ralph Lauren Bath Sheets - I know I am little and I don't necessarily "need" a bath sheet, but I just love them so much. They are thick and fluffy and soft. They retain their flavor. I love that. There is nothing more comforting than drying off with a yummy-smelling thick towel. And the weird thing is, they help to keep my entire bathroom smelling April Fresh! Plus, they perfectly match my sheets! Which brings me too...
  • Ralph Lauren 500 Count Sateen Sheets - I know that 500 is not an exceptionally high thread count, but the sateen definitely helps. They are sooooo soft and comfy! They making getting into bed something to look forward to and getting out of bed something to dread. I just want to spend days snuggled in my comfy sheets. And guess what! They retain their flavor as well!
  • Sharpie Ultra Fine Point Permanent Markers - They come in so many fun colors, you can buy a mixed pack! And they are thin enough that you can use them everyday for every occasion. Want to leave a note for a co-worker? Why not spice it up with a fun color? Writing out the same old grocery list? Add some pizzazz and use a purple pen! Did I just say "pizzazz"? Geesh! I need to get out!
  • Target - Target is amazing in that it really helps you find things that you never knew you needed. And when you find something you need, you REALLY need it. How did I live before having it? Plus, you can get 4,562 hangers for $3.50!! I never need to buy hangers again! And, I have so many hangers that I am thinking of creative ways to hang everything! Even my unmentionables! Which, for obvious reasons, I cannot mention.
  • Eclipse Mints - Wow! Best mints ever! Tiny, yet powerful. Yankeebob, this may help with your onion obsession!
  • My appetite - It's finally back and it is back with a vengeance. I swear, I ate 2 pieces of chicken and 2 sides of mashed potatoes and gravy from KFC last night in about 4 1/2 minutes. Which, for those that know me, is unusual because I am officially the world's slowest eater!

I guess that about covers it for now. I have a lot of small perfections in my life, who knew?!?!

11 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

Mel, you are on all of our lists...

12:48 PM  
Blogger grace said...

oh, ian, that was the cutest!

i don't know if i should ever get super comfy sheets. i already look forward to sleepy time and dread getting up in the morning...

1:51 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Target is the greatest thing to ever happen to humanity.

2:28 PM  
Blogger Rarry said...

Mmmmm...I want some flavored bed sheets.
What flavors do they make, and are they low cal? ;P

2:31 PM  
Blogger cat said...

what is a bath sheet? a towel??

and i always use a purple pen. it's all i write with at work. done it since i was 12. it's my trademark. :) i used to take all my notes in school in the different colours. but it wasn't sharpie.. it was um.. pilot or bic or something. they were markery though.

give sammer a chance. ;)

2:56 PM  
Blogger Kis Lee said...

yeah, Target rocks! fuck walmart!

i'll have to check out the garden state soundtrack. that movie is still on my must-see but haven't yet list.

3:38 PM  
Blogger melanie said...

It must be three months since I got the Garden State Soundtrack and the honeymoon still isn't over for me. You've got a long way to go baby!

7:12 AM  
Blogger Yankeebob said...

Thanks for the mint tip Mel. I may try those.

There is a Target 5 minutes from my house and I've never been there. Maybe I should check it out?

Sharpies are the best! Especially untra fine point. I can't use cool colors where I work, but I do have them at home.

I had a girlfriend once who had red satin sheets. (Is Sateen different?) When I went to her house and saw those on the bed, I knew we weren't going out that night. ;)

9:53 AM  
Blogger cat said...

seriously, though..what's a bath sheet??

8:45 AM  
Blogger MomMega: mothersmilkblog.com said...

Cat, silly girl, it is a ginormous bath towel! Go register for your gifts now!

8:26 AM  
Blogger cat said...

we're not registering anywhere. just bring some up when you come with cl. :)

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home