Wednesday, June 15, 2005

"I Don't Wanna Close My Eyes..."

So last night my phone rings and seeing how it was a number I didn't recognize, I didn't pick it up. Turns out it was my mom, Binky, and she asked me to call her as soon as I got the message. So I called her back, preparing to hear some bad news (she is in northern CA because my grandmother just had surgery). Instead, she is telling me that there was an earthquake off the coast of CA and that there was a tsunami warning in effect and that I needed to get to high ground and stay away from the beach.

Now I just happened to be at Honey's house catching up on Entourage (mmmm...Adrian Grenier...where was I?). His house that is a few blocks away from the ocean. Sweet! The tsunami was scheduled to hit, if it were going to hit, at 10pm (can I just take a minute here and ask you all exactly how the tsunami got it's itinerary to the media so fast...it was just born and bam! already getting the info out in a timely manner). So we waited until just before 10 and went down to the beach.

I was all pumped up to stand on the edge of the ocean all "Tea Leoni" style and wait for the huge, ginormous wave to come crashing down on me and snap me like twig. And I couldn't get that damn Aerosmith song outta my head. Sons of whores!

So, we walk down there...and nothing. happened. period.

How anti-climatic. Hmmph! Oh well...back to my boring life...

P.S. I'm sorry, did I completely miss some crazy trend here? This is the second time in about a week that someone in my office has worn purplish tights to work. I mean, ewww.

11 Comments:

Blogger grace said...

i know. WTF? jeezus. no tsunamis for us, i guess...

10:10 AM  
Blogger cat said...

um... i wear funky colours tights... it looks cool. ok?? OK??? don't mess with the funky colours, yo! or i'll have pookiedoodle Head you!!! *grrrr*

and wasn't the aerosmith song from the movie with liv tyler in it? you know the *other* meteor movie? i saw that tea leoni one and cried as she stood with her father.. i have father issues.. *sniffle*

glad you are alright though! i wouldn't have wanted you to be snapped like a twig! i wouldn't get to meet you next october when pookieHead and i come to cali for our hunnymoon!!!!

11:05 AM  
Blogger MomMega: mothersmilkblog.com said...

Grace: So much for you being the luckiest girl ever!

Cat: I have nothing against purple tights, but they are not wearing them right!! Bad with business suits! And yes, that is the other meteor movie, but I was so frightened that I got my movies cafussed. I'm little that way...

1:48 PM  
Blogger cat said...

i never saw the *other* movie. only saw the one.. but now that bloody song is stuck in my head. i HATE that song. thanks for nothing. you'd better send me compromising photos from this weekend to make up for that, yo!

1:53 PM  
Blogger Kis Lee said...

i didn't hear anything about a tsunami warning. doesn't matter. we're not near the beach anyway.

9:39 PM  
Blogger Yankeebob said...

I would have gone down to see the tsunami too. What a way to go! Have you ever heard the song "Death By Misadventure"? It's hilarious!

I remember that Tea Leoni movie. I was thinking that she was going to have a really hard time holding onto her Dad when that wave hit them. :)

5:55 AM  
Blogger Rarry said...

Ben Aflec should have been the one to stay on the Asteroid that guys a cock smoke... why did Bruce have to stay and blow it up? WHHHYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!

4:35 PM  
Blogger Benjamin said...

At the end of the really long version of The Abyss, there's this sequence where those happy little aliens are about to flood the whole planet to kill off humanity, and one of the scenes has a five hundred story tidal wave hanging over the coast, while they decide whether or not they really want to go ahead and whack us.

When I die, I so want to go out in a wave like that. I mean, damn.

3:50 AM  
Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

I heard that Ben wears purple tights.

7:49 AM  
Blogger SJ said...

He likes to think he's Batman

2:25 PM  
Blogger PlatinumGirl said...

Yeah, don't think I wasn't thinking about that when we voluntarily went to a place that is surrounded by water on 3 sides and the one side that IS land ain't that wide! But, my urge to be on vacation was greater than any potential tsunami.

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home