Friday, July 01, 2005

Phew!

I made it! Woot! It's a new month, new quarter, etc...I am sooooo happy!

So Grace and I must have some sort of psychic connection! Like her, I too got drunk off of cheap wine last night (I told you we were meant to be together, Grace!). Actually I got a nice buzz off of a good bottle of wine, then proceeded to get drunk off the cheap stuff.

It all started very nice. Honey took me out to one of my favorite Italian Restaurants (Roman Cucina) to celebrate me making my quota (yippee!). We had a lovely and delicious dinner and bottle of Chianti. Mmmm...so on the way home, we decide to stop and get beverages. We were going to get beer, but decided to stick with wine. Me, being the label whore that I am (yeah, right), pick up a bottle of the Cakebread Cab. I see the $70 price tag and promptly replaced the bottle. Instead we went for a lovely $10 bottle of random Pinot Noir. Ugh! Fast forward about 6 hours and Mel wakes up with a cheap-wine headache. But that's okay, I popped an anti-histamine and headache gone (for those of you that don't know, red wine contains histamines, so if you ever wake up with a headache after drinking red wine, taking an allergy or sinus pill will usually get rid of it very quickly).

As I am sure you know, Saturday is the big day for Cat and The Head. Also, it is Cindy's birthday. I wish I could be in Canada with them to celebrate, but I wasn't able to make it. Instead, I will popping my own bottle of Champagne to celebrate! Of course, I will be doing this while home alone, sitting in the dark and listening to Portishead wondering why God hates me... HAHA!! Just kidding!! I would never drink Champers in the dark.

Anyway, I need to get back to work, but I wanted to tell everyone hi and I will try and check in on you all sometime today and tomorrow. Have a great Friday!

P.S. Hey Howie!! What you got on my Luna??? Mmmmmm Luuuuuuunnnnnaaa....must have more!

6 Comments:

Blogger grace said...

holy shit. somehow i just knew you posted. dude. we're making me scared.

congrats on making your quota! :)

shit! now i know to pop allergy meds when i'm drinking wine. i get all stuffed up. oh. thank god for zyrtec.

HAH! you'd never drink champagne in the dark. that makes me laugh. a lot.

pssst. luna's waiting for you :P

10:49 AM  
Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

Drink one bottle for Cat's wedding and the second bottle for my birthday.

11:40 AM  
Blogger Kis Lee said...

omg, you guys really are long lost twins.

you two are brave for drinking cheap wine. the horrible headache just isn't worth it.

2:43 PM  
Blogger Benjamin said...

Make sure to pour a little wine out onto the curb for your homies who are lost in sobriety (namely, me).

2:45 PM  
Blogger MomMega: mothersmilkblog.com said...

Grace: I know, who am I kidding, I would drink Champagne anytime, anywhere...in a tree with a bear...

CL: Ooooh alright. It might be hard, but I will suffer through 2 bottles for you guys!

LE: I told you! The headache goes right away with a sinus pill!

Ben: I would only pour the cheap stuff...NEVER waste the good stuff!

3:22 PM  
Blogger cat said...

WHY AM I UP AND AWAKE AT 5:47am?!?!?! GAH! i'll be aslee by the time dinner is served at 6pm!!

thanks for celebrating from home! is that like telecelebrating? like telecommuting?

wish you could be here! we miss you! and we're having a blast!! (cindy has yet to lick anyone that i know of...)

2:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home