Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Entertainment Update

Ahhhh...I love Fall. I love the sweaters, the boots, the scarves, the food...but most of all, I love the new Fall television season!! And I could think of no better way to kick off said Fall season than a full hour of Yummypants!


That's right! Mr. Yum Yum Yummypants is coming home to Mama!!! Oh, I suppose I am happy to share him with Cat and CL...but only a little! Hee hee...Anyway, the show has received positive reviews, so that's good. Extra bit of trivia, the main character is played by the sister of Zooey Deschanel...interesting. Anyway, you all know what I will be doing at 8pm tonight!

Also starting tonight is a show called Supernatural on the WB. Can I just say that it is about time that they bring back some good friggin Sci-fi to television?!?!?! Geesh! Anyway, the show is supposed to be a bit of a mix between the X-Files and the Twilight Zone. The show is produced by McG (of the OC fame) and actually written by the college friend of the OC's creator, Josh Schwartz. From what I have read and seen online, it appears to be pretty cool! After at least two seasons of a good Sci-Fi/Horror dry spell on television, I am really looking forward to this!


So, after seeing the previews and listening to the hype, I was very excited to see the Exorcism of Emily Rose. Ummm...can you say "biggest waste of two hours since Colin Farrel put on a skirt to play Alexander"??? It was like torture. The story line was weak, it was not scary at all and if I had to hear Jennifer Carpenter's low-pitched scream for even 2 more seconds, I was going to kill someone. This movie made me want to poke myself in the eye with a dull pencil. If you are even considering the idea of checking this movie out...don't. I wouldn't even watch it on USA with commercials. Just...horrible.

One last thing, if you haven't already, run out and buy the book The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova. It is essentially the story of the search for Vlad the Impaler. But it is very detailed and such a good story. I couldn't put it down. Trust me, you won't be sorry.

17 Comments:

Blogger cat said...

everybody now!

yum yum yummypants!
yum yum yummypants!
yummypants power makes you go!

(sung to the tune of the PowerWheels jingle) hehehe...

i have no interest in Supernatural because stuff like that freaks me out. sadly, nothing new has really got my attention this season. i only care about Bones due to DY... but i am afraid that it will suck.
what i am looking forward to is the return on CSI: and possibly Veronica Mars.. and ashamedly America's Next Top Model... *ahem*

i will also check out.. um.. that show that will have alyson hannigan on it this season. it also has neil patrick harris (um... what?) did i ever mention how when doogie howser md was on and NPH was all that and a bag 'o chips i wrote him a letter and he's the only celeb i ever got a reponse from? it was an impersonal preprinted posty card, but it was still cool. :)

10:14 AM  
Blogger grace said...

hehe... cat's song is funny :P

oh. and... if you want GOOD SCI-FI watch battlestar galactica!!!!

10:15 AM  
Blogger LE Sweetz said...

i'm not a big sci/fi fan, but those 2 guys in supernatural are cute. so is that guy in "prison break." i haven't seen that one yet either.

i'm just waiting for the new seasons of nip/tuck and arrested development.

2:27 PM  
Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

we love yummypants....

6:47 PM  
Blogger TerraT said...

oh so now you're trying to tell me what to watch too huh! Well fine.

ok.

you know I do whatever you say.

please don't hurt me... again.

=)

9:16 PM  
Blogger cat said...

don't forget to tell me what you thought... i was bored by it all. well what i got to see anyhow. ;)

8:25 AM  
Blogger Tish said...

Hubba hubba...

I missed Bones. Completely forgot about it! I'm a big fan of Angel. YUMMY.

10:12 PM  
Blogger peachy said...

I'm not really excited about any of the shows this season except Amazing Race. What's wrong with me?

6:47 AM  
Blogger Badpatty said...

I don't even watch TV, but I find that I'm looking forward to both Surface and My Name Is Earl. Different priorities, I guess.

9:21 PM  
Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

I finally watched Supernatural and I loved it!

9:51 AM  
Blogger PlatinumGirl said...

For me, it's all about Scrubs, Desperate Housewives, and Law & Order. I still watch Will & Grace and ER, but they're on their way out.

8:22 PM  
Blogger grace said...

i want a new post!!!

8:54 AM  
Blogger cat said...

I am giving Yummypants one more chance tonight to wow my socks off. Well, he's wowy it's that chickie who's dull.
Last chance for Yummypants tonight.

But I did sort of like the Willow/Doogie sitcom last night. a little.

11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NEW POST!

8:38 PM  
Blogger Java Boo Boo said...

Amen on the SCI-FI stuff. Alas, I don't have cable or satellite, so I'm glad at least network TV is getting back into it sort of, with "Surface" on NBC and some others.

8:09 PM  
Blogger JK said...

Mel are you still alive? Where are you? Hello? Ummm.... nobodies here, lets get the fuck out of here, this creepy.

9:27 PM  
Blogger Katy said...

Yummy pants indeed! Do you know that Buffy is on in the mornings on FX? I am late for work quite often and when I tell them why they usually just shake their heads at me.
Oh, Mr. B, how you make my heart twitter...

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home