Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Holiday Bluuuuues...

Much like Grace, I have been faced with the random co-worker present thing. Fuck. I bought something for my boss and something for my assistant. That's it. And now two different people from my department have given me a gift. Is it totally horrible if I go into my closet of "oh yes, I have something for you, too" and pull out random things? They are all brand new. I swear. Some have been re-gifted, but not from anyone here. Is that bad?

Wait! I am an immoral bottom-feeder!! I totally forgot! Of course it is okay!

5 Comments:

Blogger grace said...

regifting is fabulous. it's my favorite part... i always end up getting crap and i'm always happy when i can find a home for it somewhere else... someone who i know will like it. and if they don't, they can regift it and i won't feel bad :)

you have an assistant? i hate you! :P

4:31 PM  
Blogger SJ said...

I managed to avoid the whole Secret Santa/ Kris Kringle thing this year by quitting my job two weeks before Xmas. Ah, the lengths I go to to avoid spending $10...!

4:36 PM  
Blogger Kis Lee said...

ditto what grace said. i wish i had an assistant!

i try not to re-gift b/c i can't ever remember who gave me what gift.

4:48 PM  
Blogger THE J Mo said...

Re-gift it! Remember what everyone says - "It's the thought that counts" So... have you a good thought then re-gift at will, guilt free.

7:24 PM  
Blogger peachy said...

My little boss asked us if we wanted to do secret santas. I said no because I already bought the three gifts (for coworkers) I was giving this year. Well, now she gave me a gift and another random coworker gave me a gift. I'm done shopping, so I will just smile and say thanks. Btw, the two gifts I received are going in the pile. :)

5:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home